Reminder
"Where have all
the red roses gone?"
I ask myself
as I cut through
the thread
of crosses
across my chest.
"Thump, thump,
thump..."
Beats my heart
even as I
pull it out.
When I thought
that this pain
would kill me,
I realized
it was there-
it happened
so I could feel
alive.
Sometimes,
pain
is a reminder
that we feel,
that we are
alive.
And as the clock
ticks by,
as rosebuds bloom,
I heal,
and I am ready
to love
and hurt
Once more.
the red roses gone?"
I ask myself
as I cut through
the thread
of crosses
across my chest.
"Thump, thump,
thump..."
Beats my heart
even as I
pull it out.
When I thought
that this pain
would kill me,
I realized
it was there-
it happened
so I could feel
alive.
Sometimes,
pain
is a reminder
that we feel,
that we are
alive.
And as the clock
ticks by,
as rosebuds bloom,
I heal,
and I am ready
to love
and hurt
Once more.
Comments
Post a Comment